- Here, my kin dwelled for many ages, I feel..so strange to walk among this walls. I wish to see Annuminas, town upon Evendim. - Hiath stood as watching village among ruins, he wrapped arm around Briannons waist and kept her close as first stars appeared.
- Then we should. We already planned to return over the Oatbarton pass, one day or two.. - Briannon looked up to Hiath - Gwenlind is safe with Fairen, she is my blood, and Fairen never betrayed my trust. So one or two days delay.. would only worry Cynric, but we can say some excuse.. -
Restless night, she was glad that night has come and succumbed before dawn and day. Sleep was restless and haunted with damned dreams. The faster they pack and cross this cursed lands toward Evendim gates, the better.
- Aaaah! - Briannon yawns as blinking at the first rays of sun rising behind hills in the east.
- Cup of tea, my Skylark? - Hiath asked with smile that softened his tired expression. He didnt sleep at all.
It took them two days of slow ride to Trestlebridge, as they crossed the old wooden span Briannon showed Hiath the stone structure under the what is known as Trestlespan.
- "I never found a name of that bridge, the stone one that leads to old ruins in Kings Norbury. Do imagine the splendor of what stood there once upon the time." - She said with melancholy in her voice.
- "I wonder what hand ruined that stone bridge, was it Time or Warcraft?" - Hiath mused upon the sight as stoking his beard.
It passed two weeks since their farm was burned down by brigands and Briannons nemesis Taergor, brigand chief. Hiath was taken and gone missing, and any attempt of Briannon to gather enough men to help her find her husband and father of her child was failed.
Then night came and Hiath was on doors of small room near Beggars alley, her hideout. Many wounds of flesh and heart made them fragile, but their strenght came back with sight of each other.
- Tirandir. - she gasped.
- Skylark. - he replied faintly with smile on his bruised face.