Silwë Illuvarion of Valinor
Master Jewel-smith, Alleged Sorcerer, Former Noldorin Military Officer
Imladris, Lindon. Frequent traveler, especially to Rhovanion and Southern Gondor.
A former jewel-smith of Valinor, and follower of Fëanáro into Beleriand, he found himself, eventually, the tactical commander of a small and historically unremarkable though competent military detachment during the wars in Beleriand, and it was in the hidden city of Gondolin that he recovered from grevious war-wounds only to become survivor of its fall.
In these days, he is known for having the honour of being named a Master Jewel-smith of the Gwaith-i-Mírdain, to those who remember the lost kingdom of Eregion and the Noldorin jewel-crafters who dwelt, taught, and worked there before it too was lost to treachery and the mist of time.
Many other places has Silwë called home, but he was called to stand a last time in service to the Noldor during the the Last Alliance of Elves and Men, which cost both the Noldor and the Wood-elves dearly; he returned thereafter to Lindon, where long ago (following the War of Wrath), he had wed, built a home at the seaside, and had a family. And he has kept a home there ever since, where he can watch the sea and work on his craft in peace, alone; and also maintains quarters in his library and workshop in Imladris, where he passes time writing, creating, and teaching what he can of his ancient craft-lore on to his apprentice.
Fluent: Noldorin Quenya (Valinorean & Exilic), Common Quenya, Sindarin, Ancient Eldarin
Conversational: Westron/Common, Nandorin, Telerin
Write/Read/Translate: Black-speech, Khuzdûl, Adûnaic, Valarin
Limited Understanding: Orc-speech, Avarin
* Illuvarion natively speaks Noldorin Quenya as his native language, which may be surprising to those who have learned it as a matter of academia or art/poetry. He talks to himself at times, and when he does, it is always in Quenya.
* In other Elvish languages it is noticable that he speaks with a slight accent, though he tries to mask it as well as he can.
* Illuvarion speaks Westron rarely and has a very noticeable and unusual accent when he speaks it. Though he understands it fluently, he still speaks a bit carefully to ensure correct word choices.
DO WE KNOW EACH OTHER?
Possibly, if you are or were:
- - an elf of the Great Journey
- - Valinorean/Calaquendi Noldor
- - a follower of Fëanor
- - part of the Noldorin military in Beleriand (except Nirnaeth Arnoediad)
- - a survivor of the Fall of Gondolin
- - a survivor of the Sack of the Havens of Sirion
- - part of the Last Alliance of Elves and Men
If you would like to know more, please talk to me.
The stars, jewel-crafting, miruvor, cats, fine clothing and beautiful things
Seafaring, hot weather, Westron, clams, being told what to do.