Waelden, son of Eldewine
Formerly a sperewigend of Faldham and personal guard to Lord Tiubar; now more of a warden of carts and wagons upon the roads, and an aspiring trader.
Middle-aged, close to the 50th mark.
Rohan; commonly seen in Bancross, Edoras, Floodwend and Snowbourne.
( The Rohan Shield is an original artwork created by Waelden )
( See the gallery for more pictures and information on how it was made, and for inspiration sources. )
Points of interest in his personal life:
- Waelden is the only surviving son of Eldewine of Faldham and Fyrewyn of Cliving, whom are both deceased since many years.
- As a young rider who trained hard under his father's watchful eyes and the trainers of Faldham, he soon rose to become a respected sperewigend amongst the Elfward in his later teenage years and early adulthood. He proved his worth in battle many times over, and served the lords of Faldham in their campaigns in the Norcrofts and beyond for many years, proudly wearing the mark of the famed Elfwards. Eldewine had by that time struck a deal with his long-time friend Ehteris Tiubar, a man of lordly stature, and went to Floodwend to stand by his side. When Ehteris passed, Eldewine continued serving his son Ehris.
- A fate like many others awaited brave and honorable Eldewine, and when he met his demise in the northern reaches of Rohan, thus came the chance for Waelden to heed the call and fulfill the oath in his father's place. Waelden moved to live in Floodwend and serving as the personal guard and all-around handyman of the Tiubar family. He will remain as such until his death, or until the agreement is mutually broken. Such is the power and price of oaths, commitment and honor that echo through the generations. However, he is usually free to pursue his own goals and ambitions as he sees fit, and especially now when the elderly lord Tiubar is retired from active campaigning and mostly spends his days at home. In recent years Waelden has been tasked with leading and guarding the trading wagons that go from Floodwend across the Mark, often to Snowbourn and Edoras, and occasionally other towns along the way or further into the Mark. This has made him well acquainted with many taverns and their patrons along the way.
- Waelden is a widower. He married his teenage love Eda when they were both of age, and they stayed together as life-partners until the day of her death. A cruel sickness and fever had taken a grave hold of her, and she eventually passed away on a warm summer's morning some years ago. Together they have a teenage daughter, Ethel, who is Waelden's greatest joy in life and the reason he carries on. In more recent times he has grown close to Yllfa, by a chance meeting that brought them together, and eventually turned into a great and mutual love and respect for one another.
- Waelden has now moved himself and his daughter closer to Edoras, for many a benefit to both his family and lord Tiubar alike. Above all he wants to give Ethel the space and opportunity to grow into the woman she's destined to be. Also to have a close man near the capital and the centre of trade does indeed give plenty of opportunity for lord Tiubar and Floodwend as well, and he will continue travelling the trade routes together with the merchants, from Edoras to Floodwend and any other town when the need arises. Occasionally even Ethel might join him, since she's old enough to see more of the world now.
- Tragedy struck as a wicked dunlending man burned down Yllfa's family farm, upon which they had hoped to settle down, and the family is now living together in the village of Bancross, where they seek to build a home, a life and a prosperous future together.
Life must go on, and many are the tales and adventures still to come for Waelden, son of Eldewine, and for those closest and dearest to him.
Various informative links below:
Tales of a Rider, a Wolf, and their cub
Collected tales, songs and memories from the personal lives of Waelden, Yllfa, and Ethel.
The Bancross Chronicles
Information and collected tales from the people in the village of Bancross, Rohan.
(the banners for the chronicles are made by the player of Waelden, out of screenshots from LOTRO)
A daughter, Ethel, currently thirteen years of age. He has no living siblings, and his parents and wife have all passed.
All those who serve the darkness, and that which threaten his family.
Spiteful people filled with nothing but hate and contempt; Orcs, goblins and wargs, and any other dark servant of Mordor.
To fulfill his oath and duty, and to make certain his daughter will grow up in a better world where she can become whatever she wants.